Here we are sitting outside in the beautiful California sun with a gentle cool breeze. Sharing a Guiness beer with Katti.She is enjoying herself thinking she is in Jamaica.
She wants to eat before she walks down the road to her place in Red Hill District. I fix her some pork and rice that was in the oven. "Aren't you going to eat"? she asks for the 11th time. "No, I'm not hungry" I say for the 10th time.
"Let me know when you are ready to leave" she says. "Aah, girl" I need another "puff puff" on me pipe." I can't keep up with the lighter fuel she has to light that crazy pipe so many times. Let me know when you are ready to leave she lets me know once again.
Once a man, twice a child she reminds me.
The kids are trying to convince her she is in America, which makes her upset, so they give up. We notice in the afternoons she seems to be more incoherent and weaker. It's difficult for her to be upright, even sitting she falls to the side.
I saw her falling back in the lounge chair and went to catch her, as her foot flies up and hits the table the bottle of beer hits me between the legs and spills. We have a big laugh! She says you look like you went wee wee like a man does! I said we are so crazy the two of us! It help dispel the day of craziness, praise God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment